I was going to write about this yesterday, but my orginial blog ended up being longer than I intended, so I decided to wait until later. Why name my blog Simple Thoughts?
Well, I was trying to decide what to call my blog and a verse of scripture kept running through my head. Isaiah 55:8 says "My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts," says the Lord. "And my ways are far beyond anthying you could imagine"(New Living Translation; emphasis mine). So the reason for me keeping this blog is to write about what God is teaching and my thoughts over the next year (or possibly more). And my thoughts, when compared with God's thoughts, are quite simple and finite. I'm so glad I serve a God whose thoughts are nothing like mine and who's ways are far beyond anything my finite human mind can imagnie (and I tend to have a rather active imagniation at times). And His thoughts and ways are always far better than mine could ever be, no matter what my finite mind may think at the time.
Thank you, Jesus
No comments:
Post a Comment