Friday, September 4, 2009

Week in Review...

This week has been a little crazy, having to go home Mon-Wed for a doctor's appointment. I had planned to come back late morning/early afternoon on Wed, but as I was driving home Monday, the check engin light came on in my car. I called the mechanic and made an appointment to have him look at it Tuesday while I was at the doctor. After my appointment, Mom and I went to Panara for lunch (and it was yummy!!). We also went to AC Moore to look at some craft stuff for an idea my roommates and I have for a blank wall (first initial letters, painted/decorated, and hung with family pictures underneath). Unfortunally, the letters I liked didn't include an A (can't have JAM w/out the A...) and the AC Moore lady said they don't keep stock in the back (what??? why not???). We also went to the Verizon store to have my phone fixed, then got Pappa John's pizza to take home for supper.

After I got back to Farmville Wednesday, the Chi Alpha worship team had practice in our living room. It was nice and relaxing to listen to them play songs that I've become familiar with. While they were practicing, I worked on updating our contact file and sending out an e-mail reminding students of our Thursday Night Worship (TNW). I also typed the lyrics for the songs that were being sung at TNW.

Thursday, I tabled in the dinning hall during the lunch hour. The purpose of this was to keep our name and faces out and to talk with and answer any questions the students had. I was able to talk with one student, who sounded interested. After that, I came back to the house, ate lunch, checked important websited, and got stuff together for our leadership meeting. That meeting went very well and I am still so grateful that God put together such a wonderful group of student leaders. These students go above and beyond and are always ready and willing to help. After the meeting was over and we had set up most of the sound stuff, we went to the dinnig hall together and ate dinner before returning to finish setting up. Around 7:40, students started coming into the rooms for TNW. We greeted and talked with them before the meeting started and there was some friendly rivalry among our small group Bible study leaders, encouraging other students to sign up for their group. We also discussed random things such as nose piercing (not mine!) and hair cuts. When the announcements began, I stood towards the back of the room, amazed. As everyone was coming in, we decided to pull out more chairs. As far as I know, three or four stacks of chairs were brought out. I counted the number of students during the annoucements. We had 54 students attending! As the meeting went on, I glanced around from my seat to see some students I didn't see come in. After the meeting was over and we were unloading the sound equipment, we talked about the attendance...we had close to 60 students!! We also had a good number sign up for small group Bible studies that will begin next week.

Today, I had the chance to meet one-on-one with a student I began discipling last year. She spent last spring in Argentina, studying abroad. I'm really excited that I have the opportunity to continue to meeti with her and watch as the Lord works in her life. We had a great time discussing 2 Timothy 1- 2:14, talking about the book we're going to be reading (Crazy Love), sharing prayer requests, and praying for one another.

This is going to be a good year...God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment