

Yesterday began LUXA's Ladies Day Away. This is the second time that I have been (once as a student last year and this year as staff) and I loved it both times. We took over Camp WEAG in Amelia County for about 18 hours and did what girls do best. We made chicken and tuna salad wraps for supper, along with sliced cucumbers, chips and apples, cleaned up, then went to the living room for door prizes (candy), games, and a time of teaching. We talked about the book of Psalms, the different types of psalms, the writers and the fact that scholars aren't sure if David was the one to write them all, and what different psalms expressed. After discussing this for about 20 minutes, Lindsay handed out bright pink paper and gave us the task of writing our own psalm. I think for most of us, it turned in to several small psalms, whatever was on our mind at the time. It was a great exercise and made us think. We came back together and Lindsay challenged us to take one line and either elaborate on it more or turn it into a question and share. We then went into the kitchen and made a chocolate molten cake with Lindsay's magic microwave dish. It was very yummy with a glass of milk and was quickly consumed. I took two movies along with me and we went back into the living room to watch Daddy Daycare (a pretty funny movie) before deciding to head upstairs for bed. Jennifer and I discovered why we wouldn't make good roommates if we had to share the same room...neither one of us would get any sleep because we would keep one another awake talking all night. This morning we ate bagels and pumpkin break for breakfast and drank coffee with carmel machtio creamer (after Lindsay found the coffee pot some of the girls hid). Then it was time for a brief quiet time. Lindsay gave us paper with a sentence starter on it and challenged us to finish the rest of the sentence with whatever came to mind. This also was very helpful and I found that the topics I focused on were the same ones I focused on when I wrote my psalm the night before. After that, it was craft time. Lindsay and I came up with a pretty awesome craft, decorating picture frames. The girls really enjoyed this craft and we had a great time fellowshiping while creating them. After we cleaned up from our craft (a somewhat difficult task because of the craft feathers), we packed up our stuff, ate lunch, swept the floors, took the trash out, and left to come back to Farmville.
This trip was definitely worth the trip to WalMart crowed with people, not being able to find enough frames for the number of students we thought were coming, finding out we had too much in the way of supplies because we didn't have as many students come, and some of the food being left at my house. At the end of the day, when all is said and done, I can definitely say this trip more than well worth the work to get there. We had an amazing time.
No comments:
Post a Comment