Summer's here! I've been asked, "What do you guys (Chi Alpha missionaries) do during the summer when the students are gone?" Well, for me, it's been a pretty busy summer so far.
I attended the Potomac District Council in early May in Woodbridge, VA. District Council is a time for ministers and missionaries affiliated with the Potomac District Assemblies of God to come together for business meetings, fellowship, and times of prayer and teaching. For many of the ministers, this is a time when they see friends they haven't seen since the year before. At the council, Chi Alpha sets up a coffee shop and serves coffee, bagels, fruit, etc. to the attendees. I also had the chance to spend an afternoon in DC with Erin. We went to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum and few other places.
I also took a road trip with my friend Erin to Tallahassee. We meet some of the people I'll be working with next year and visited Florida State's campus. I was able to walk around FSU's campus and drive around Tallahassee. Erin and I made a stop at World Market, an awesome store with food from around the world, as well as furniture and decorations. On the way back to VA, we stopped at my aunt and uncle's house in South Carolina. It was nice to visit wit them. I'm so glad they live about halfway to FL and have said that i can stay with them on my trips back and forth from VA to FL.
In July, I'll go on vacation with my family. We found a cabin on the Shenandoah River last year and had a great time canoeing, fishing and reading. We decided to go back this year and do the same thing. I really like canoeing on the Shenandoah...it's fairly calm, not many rapids.
The week after vacation with my family, I'll be traveling to Phoenix, AZ for Chi Alpha's Campus Ministers Conference. Most of the campus ministers and those affiliated with XA are going to descend upon the Arizona Grand Resort for a week. We'll have a guest speaker as well as time to spend at the water park on the grounds of the resort. I'm looking forward to seeing some friends I met at RUI last summer. Also, to me, this will be my "official" transition from Longwood Chi Alpha to FSU Chi Alpha.
This summer's going to be busy, but I'm looking forward to it :)
No comments:
Post a Comment