Wednesday, October 20, 2010

FSU Chi Alpha: September in Review

I just realized it's been quite a while since I last updated my blog. I've typed a few, but haven't had a chance to finish and publish them. Since it's been so long, I thought I would go through what happened during the month of September:
  • Tues/Thurs Morning Prayer: We began meeting each Tues and Thurs mornings at 8am for prayer on campus. Since our intern class is so large (10 of us), we were divided into two groups. One goes Tues, one Thurs. We have a great time with the students, praying for one another, the campus, etc.
  • International Coffee Hour: Every Friday, Florida State hosts a coffee hour for the international students. Again, since there are so many interns, and we don't want to overwhelm the students, two of us go each Friday. I was kinda nervous and unsure the first time I went, but I had a great time talking with two students from South Korea. I had an opportunity to learn more about their culture, country, and themselves.
  • Book reports: Every three weeks, we have a book report due. During the month of September, we read the books Under Cover by John Bevere and Why You Act the Way You Do. The first book was about being under the cover of spiritual authority and the second was about the four personality types. Both were interesting books and gave me a lot of knowledge to apply now and in the future. After reading each book, we write a page (or more) book report with a summary of the book and our reaction to what we've read.
  • Football game: Florida State's football team got off to a great start, winning against Samford. A few weeks later, I had the chance to attend the game against BYU. Although it was pretty hot that day, it was fun having the opportunity to watch a college football game in person (especially since I went to a college that didn't have a football team). We also watched the FSU v. Oklahoma game (FSU's only loss) on the big projection screen at the Chi Alpha building.
We have had a lot of other things happening, such as Small Group Bible studies beginning, Intramural volleyball and flag football games, and improvements on the parsonage. The offices for Chi Alpha/Mosaic Church staff and interns were moved from the main building to the parsonage. The interns and staff worked on painting the walls in August and in September, new carpet was put down in the offices and living room and laminate in the kitchen. We have since moved most of the office stuff up to the parsonage and are now working up there. We also have students who will stop by and hang out at the parsonage with us during the week. It's nice to have a place for them to come and to see them outside of Chi Alpha meetings.

I have a few albums up on Facebook of my time here and will be updating them often. The first album is specifically for Chi Alpha events, the second is mostly personal pictures. Check the links often for new pictures!

Florida State Chi Alpha
Florida 2010-11

No comments:

Post a Comment