Tuesday, September 20, 2011
Small Group Begins!
Our small group Bible studies started three weeks ago. I was asked to lead a women's small group this year, so about a week before we kicked off, I began thinking of different topics I could address. Different ideas came and went, but the one that stayed was the reliability of God's character. Studying this topic is not something I have been challenged to do before, so I knew I would be learning right along with the girls I would be leading.
The first night, we ate cookies and ice cream and got to know one another through ice breaker games. The second night, we discussed what it means to be reliable, why it's important for us as Christians to be reliable, why it's important for us to know that God's character is reliable, etc. We had good group discussion, shared prayer requests, enjoyed warm, gooey, brownies and spent some time just hanging out.
Tonight, we're taking a little trip to get out of Tallahassee for a few hours. We're driving up to Thomasville, GA to a little coffee shop called Grassroots. Thomasville has become a favorite place of mine because the little town reminds me so much of Farmville (where I went to college) and Grassroots has the best coffee there. We'll also begin our first lesson, looking at the story of Noah and the flood and how God proved his reliability throughout the story. While I was planning, reading, and researching for this lesson, I realized there is so much more to the account of Noah than the simpler version I learned as a child. God's reliability shines throughout this story and I'm excited to share this lesson with my small group tonight. I'm also excited to hear their reactions and feedback.
Some of these girls were in my small group last year and some of them are new to Chi Alpha this year. For me, it's great to see them bonding together to form one cohesive group who care about one another on a level deeper than the surface. My
prayer for this group is, not only will they learn and grow in their walk with Christ, but that they also will form a tight-knit community and friendships that will last well beyond their college years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment