Last Friday, Oct. 21, we has our second women's ministry event of the year, Glam and Dine. The idea was that us ladies would dress up, eat dinner together, and have girl talk. Our menu for the night was salad, homemade lasagna, garlic bread, and chocolate cake. Two of our students, Anna and Jenny, did most of the work decorating and cooking; Suzi and I were there to help in whatever ways needed.
The girls began ar
riving at 6pm and we sat down to eat at 6:45pm. I had the opportunity to sit with some girls who are new to Chi Alpha this year and get to know them better. As the night went on, we answered "get to know you" questions and talked about how the semester was going. We also chose a piece of scrapbook paper, put our name at the top, and passed it around the table. Each of the other girls wrote an anonymous encouraging note to that personI had a great time spending the evening with these ladies. It was fun to get all dressed up (*gasp* yes, I did just admit that :)), wear something out of my usual jeans and t-shirt, and straighten my hair. I was also very blessed and encouraged to spend time with these ladies who are on fire for God and who are so loving. God has certainly blessed our Chi Alpha group with amazing, Godly women.
No comments:
Post a Comment