Monday, December 14, 2009

Wow, what a semester!!

I can't believe the first semester of this year is already done!! It seems like just yesterday Chi Alpha was sitting outside of the bookstore with an info table and giving out water bottles the next week. This semester has flown by and it has been such a blessing for me to have been a part of it. We celebrated the ending of the semester on the 6th with a Christmas party. A good number of students attended and everyone had a blast. We enjoyed yummy food such as the traditional fondue, meatballs, veggies, red velvet cupcakes w/ a cream cheese filling, and cookie decorating. We also had a time of worship and Gil read the Christmas story from Luke.



Now that the students are home for Christmas, I've been working on getting my application for the Campus Missionary In Training program that I will be completing next year and working on my on-line classes. I (finally) finished my (rather large, 18 page) application today and sent it off in the mail. Hopefully I'll know more about the status of that around late January. I've almost finished the two on-line classes I've been taking this semester, Synoptic Gospels and Introduction to Pentecostal Theology. I have another class, Acts: Works of the Holy Spirit, that I will be working on for the rest of Christmas break. Also while the students are on break, staff is working on planning the sermon series for next semester as well as events and working on our mission trip. When the students return in January, we will hit the ground running with the mission trip. They have a deposit due the day after they return as well as a meeting that night. The following weeks, the missions team will meet once a week to eat, pray, research, and discuss our upcoming trip. Please say a prayer for this team of students as they are working to raise their funds over Christmas break.

No comments:

Post a Comment