Friday, December 18, 2009

JAM Christmas

My roommates and I celebrated Christmas together tonight. We're about to head our separate ways to celebrate with our families, so we decided last week to set aside a night to fix dinner and eat together before exchanging gifts. We made chicken parmesan with of course, sweet tea to drink. After we ate, we tackled the mound of dishes in our kitchen together and had fun with that as well. Then came the fun part, exchanging gifts. Marissa went first and got a journal and Twilight poster of Jacob from me and a Vanilla Bean Noel set (lotion, spray, and body wash) from Jenn. Jenn went next and got a set of flavored hot chocolate mixes from me and Warm Candy Apple lotion and peppermints from Marissa. I went next and got a Vanilla Bean Noel set from Jenn and Twilight Woods lotion from Marissa (we shop at Bath and Body Works a lot; can you tell? :)). We had a bunch of fun unwrapping and taking pics, as well as an accidental video with a few inside jokes:




Marissa was looking through the pictures I took of her and Jenn and thought she switched it back to the picture mode, but put it on video mode instead. It starts out with me laughing because Marissa used a plastic bag in place of tissue paper since she ran out. Jenn was joking about it and at the beginning of the video, I'm telling Marissa I had some I would've let her borrow. You can hear/guess the rest from there.

After all that fun, we decided it was about time to hang the letters we painted months ago. For the girls' birthdays, I bought them the letters of their first initials (and one for myself). We each painted and decorated our letters in our favorite colors and wrote things on there that identified us (i.e. fav Bible verses, meaningful pics, etc.). The letters have been sitting in our living room for a while and every time we see them, we comment to one another that we need to put them up on the blank wall in our living room. Tonight, we finally did. The particular ones, Jenn and Marissa, broke out the tape measure, measured to the middle of the wall, and hung my letter. Then measured half the distance for each of their letters. Above my letter, we hung our Christmas picture we took last week. The idea is for us to hang family pictures below our letters and roommate pictures above and in between. It's kinda like a family wall for us and a great way to decorate a large, blank wall.

Here are some more pics from our Christmas celebration:

No comments:

Post a Comment