Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Day in the Life of a LUXA Missionary: Mon., Jan. 25

Mondays are usually my day off. Each missionary gets one day a week off to spend with family or in my case, work on things around the house that got neglected during the rest of the week. This particular Monday, I went to prayer meeting with some students at 7am, then came back to the house to eat breakfast and get ready for the day. I also got chili started in the crock-pot for dinner. We had worship practice that night and the members of the worship team usually eat with us. One of my roommates, Jenn, didn't have any classes and wanted to go look at dresses to wear to a friend's wedding. We left the house around 10am and dropped my car off at the mechanics to get the oil changed. We went to one of the dress shops in town and Jenn tried a few dresses out. She found some she liked, but decided to look at a few other stores before buying one. We tried Belk and she found a dress she liked, but it needed a little work to it. The dress had several strands of fake pearls attached to the neckline, as well as two strands of metal chains...they seriously needed to be removed and after she did, the dress looked so much better. One of our roommates from last year came to town to visit for a while so we met her at the Daily Grind for lunch. She's interested in moving to Farmville soon, so we went with her to look at apartments. She was worried that she wouldn't be able to find any in the middle of the semester, but luckily the lady that owns several rentals in town had 3 available to choose from. The rest of my afternoon was spent here at the house, hanging out with Jenn, sampling my (yummy) chili, and making some phone calls. One of our XA students called me and asked if I would take him to get his car from the mechanics...that was an interesting trip. Neither of us had been there before, so he called for directions. Apperantly, the lady he talked to thought we were coming from 460 and gave us directions that way. We ended up not being able to find the place and having to call again. I got home from that adventure and began getting stuff ready for dinner. Freeman and Will got to the house around 5:45 and we all sat down for dinner. Our friend that was visiting joined us with another friend, so we had a full table and plenty to eat (I love my crock-pot by the way...it makes dinner soooo much easier!!!). The worship team went to practice and I worked on my on-line classes (I usually sing w/ them, but I'm getting over a cold and I'm speaking Thurs night, so I opted not to sing this week). The night ended with a few rerun episodes of Criminal Minds and conversations with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment